"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walt Disney ~
Yes, I have been inspired by Walt Disney, or a movie in his name. I just watched "Meet the Robinsons" with my kiddos, and it is inspiring. I think it's good to sit back and enjoy a nice, feel-good, let's unwind and eat popcorn movie... and yes, maybe I cried at the end (isn't that what Walt Disney really means - you will cry...). Well I did. And, for Meet the Robinsons being a "kid" movie. There is a whole lot in there that I, and probably most any adult, to learn from (and I love the theme song, "Little Wonders" by Rob Thomas).
I will keep moving forward. As children we stood up when we fell down, we wiped the dirt and gravel from our knees and hands, we jumped back on the bike that tried to kill us, and we kept moving forward. A little road gravel didn't slow us down, a broken hand, a sprained ankle, whatever the ailment, as a kid it didn't matter. Whatever the insult or injury, you just kept going. As adults, I think we lose some of this, whether it's age (it is harder to jump back up as you get old, the back and knees just don't cooperate as well as they used to), or just the fact that sometimes it is defnitely hard-mentally-to stand back up and get on the bike when you've been knocked down so many times. Sometimes I wonder when it will be my time, my moment in the sun, my time to shine, and any type of disappointment is hard, but even as an adult, I know I have to keep moving forward.
I will do just as I did as a kid, I'll stand up wipe the dirt off, "suck it up" as they say, face my fears and move on. I won't let the hurt feelings, the scraped knees or the humility of being knocked down in front of the world stop me from moving on. I will look at each failure as an opportunity to learn. I will accept the challenges of "new" situations and know that by doing so, I will teach my kids the same thing. And yes, I will keep watching "kid" movies. Because I like simple. I like good and wholesome, and I like knowing that there is still good around me and good to pass onto the next generation. And now, I can go to bed with a good song running through my head, for as the song "Little Wonders" says... "Let it go, Let it roll right off your shoulders, Don't you know, the hardest part is over..."
6 comments:
Great thoughts. Words to life by.
I am researching Walt Disney's quote for a school project and came across your blog article. I must say that I was deeply moved by your insightful explanation! Especially how as we get older, it becomes harder for us to stand back up and try again because, in my opinion, most people are pessimists. Most people concentrate on their imperfections instead of complementing their many great attributes (which is why depression is such a problem in the United States). I have read part of what seems to be your biography on the right side of this page, and you seem like a wonderful person! The world could truly use more people with your cheerful attitude! Your kind words and strong faith in God have most certainly put a smile on my face! Whether or not you know it, I am sure you put happiness into everyone around you! God Bless!
Dieser ausgezeichnete Gedanke fällt gerade übrigens levitra vs viagra cost levitra generika preisvergleich [url=http//t7-isis.org]levitra nebenwirkungen[/url]
急いで! [url=http://japanese-garden.org]バイアグラ 個人輸入[/url] バイアグラ 個人輸入
Bravo, este pensamiento magnГfico tiene que justamente a propГіsito [url=http://csalamanca.com/tag/sin-receta/ ]viagra casero [/url] Felicito, que palabras..., el pensamiento excelente viagra generico
Penso che si sbagliano. Scrivere a me in PM, parlare. [url=http://lacasadicavour.com/ ]cialis 5 mg. [/url]Mi dispiace, ma, a mio parere, si sono errati. Dobbiamo discutere. Scrivere a me in PM, ti parla. http://lacasadicavour.com/cialis/ acquisto cialis generico Fate errori. Dobbiamo discutere.
Post a Comment