My Motto

My motto: Life shouldn't be easy. Challenge yourself. Go out and do something HARD! Push yourself out of your ordinary boundaries, and stretch your abilities to your wildest imaginings.






Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I will..

When I close my eyes and see the past moments that I've shared with friends and those I care about, I can truly smile and be at peace. I have faced the issues that I have with myself and my future. I know that no matter what I decide and where I go, that there are people around me that will always accept me as I am. I am not perfect - not even close - and I don't mind admitting it. It's actually a relief to say it. I AM NOT PERFECT... and I want to quit pretending that the world around me is.

I can't do it all; I can't have it all. I'll keep trying, I know I will. I've never been a quitter. But, I have accepted that there will be times that life will turn it's back on me. I will scrape my knees and fingers to the bone trying to pull my way back to the top, but I will survive. I will crawl my way over each and every mountain that I face. I may be black and blue when I get there, but I will stand tall and I will accept that I screwed up. But I won't quit. I will smile with each obstacle that is met, knowing that life has made me strong.

I will chase each friendship and not let them just fade away from me. I will get my degree. I will write and create. I will photo journal the smiles of those I love. I will be a role model for my children (again - not a perfect one - but a good one). I will do what feels good and what makes me happy. I will do things that make you, my friend, happy; and I will stand by and watch with a smile as life makes you happy.

I will try to stop living in fast forward, with that constant motion, and I will take a break to just sit, and breathe - in and out - and then I will close my eyes and feel the calm in the world around me, just for that second...

I will feel the twitter in my chest and the lump in the back of my throat everytime I see a new baby and wish I had had one more. Maybe two... I will smile though knowing that I have 3 perfect and healthy children that I won't trade for anything in this world.

I will be honest to myself. I will look in the mirror each morning and be glad that I am who I am, with my athletic build (i.e... flat chest) the too thin blonde hair, the oily and much less than perfect complexion, and that glimmer of hope in my eyes... I will look at that person in the mirror and accept and love who I see looking back. I will not envy those around me. I will teach my preteen daughter to do the same. I will teach my sons to do the same.

I will never again try to be "super mom" (okay that may be an exaggerated statement... because if you know me... you know I will keep trying to figure out how to be Superwoman - with the spiffy jet and all). I will accept help when offered and not say - "no thanks, I'm fine..." I will latch on to that offered help and suck up every little bit of help it has to offer, hopefully I don't scare the helpful person away...

I will, I will, I will... I will be me.

No comments: