Well, it was a dark and stormy night... and I spent most of time collecting money in the ticket booth, which was warmer than working the concession stand. But oh, how I dread leaving the kids at home and running off to a football game that my boy isn't even playing, and especially when it is cold and wet, and especially when I know that as soon as I get home that I will just want to relax and unwind, but if you had seen my house before I left (football/cheerleading trophies and trophy boxes all over my living room, school papers all over the counter, etc...) you would know that there is more dread than relief at the thought of coming home; BUT, I want everyone out there to know the importance of a great, no FANTASTIC, babysitter.
She was everything I needed tonight. The kids were asleep (granted, I didn't get to say good night, but knowing they got to bed at a decent time is a weight off my chest), the house was picked up and my youngest boy's room was, what is the word.... CLEAN! Before I left, his room was in the stage 2 of me deciding to empty all the baskets and bins of toys and dump them in the middle of the floor to sort it all out; Stage 1 was the dumping and Stage 2 the sorting - yeah, I hadn't gotten to that yet, since football took over my life for the last 9 weeks.
But now, now I can walk through his room again! And you know what, I would give her an extra $10 on top of the babysitting $ any day of the year just to know that when I get home, I can do just what I've done... relax. Yes, there was paperwork to do and newsletters to print, but I didn't have the dishes in the sink taunting me, "wash me, wash me..." and I didn't have to sit here at the computer thinking, I really should be cleaning instead (even though my day started at 5:30 am and I've done nothing but 'work' since then and it is now 11:30 pm)!
I guess having family, friends and relatives nearby to help out is something I've taken for granted. But I didn't take it for granted tonight. Tonight I fully accept the value of having my Emm around and being able to trust her to feed my kiddos, take care of them, love them and take care of me by picking up after my family... I owe her my greatest source of happy for today! Happy today = Good Babysitter!! Oh, sweet relief and pleasure in having the babysitter of the year living next door to me! So, if you are ever in need, and in the Southwest Michigan area... let me know. I'll hook you up with Emmie - she's the greatest!!!
1 comment:
Oh, what a wonderful babysitter. We don't go out enough to even have a babysitter, but if we did, I would want yours. She sounds as though she is WELL worth the money.
Post a Comment