I believe that winter has been around long enough. The snow is deep, the ice is thick and the windchill likes those single digits. I know that Mr. Groundhog saw his shadow and all, and that even the calendar says that we have 6 more weeks of winter, but I really think I'm in need of some SUNSHINE!! So, I changed my blog... I had to get rid of the snowflakes. Hopefully it is not too shockingly bright for some of you.
We officially paid off our vacation yesterday, so now I can start saving my pennies all over again. We have 74 days, and counting... till we leave for MEXICO!! Vamanos! I can't wait. Even with the economy the way it is, I still feel like I need to get away. Between the ongoing activities of football and wrestling seasons, work, school, working out (my crazy self just talked itself right into training for a triathlon... don't ask), home up keep, and everything else that I see day in and day out; I just need to get away. I've so enjoyed the last couple spring breaks with my children. We did New Mexico and Arizona, the Grand Canyon, then we did Tennessee and the Smoky Mountains, and I wouldn't trade that time with them for anything in the world. But this year, it will be just us adults, on a boat, in the Pacific Ocean cruising the ports of Mexico! So I will scrimp and save, maybe even {gasp} forego a venti white chocolate mocha or two, or a dozen in the next 74 days.
So here is my "THINK SPRING" blog post for all you winter weather friends. It will be here before you know it!
2 comments:
How exciting to be going on a trip soon! I really think we're overdue, but will have to wait or maybe take a mini vacation. Some time away from the boys is definitely needed.
I got the chocolate chip paper from JoAnn Fabrics.
Love your bright colored blog!
That sounds like a fabulous trip! We are heading out on a cruise this summer and I can't wait! We are taking the kids + several of our other family members are going...should be fun!
Post a Comment