"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself..."
Matt. 6:34
In this time of failing economy, job loss and high unemployment, and with a husband that works in an auto manufacturing plant in Michigan, it is hard to not worry about tomorrow. Tonight is just one of those nights when it seems like there is not much to do other than worry. But there is, I can pray for an answer, I can have faith in tomorrow, and I can hold true to the words in Matthew 6:25 - 26 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"
We have faced hard times before, we have thought that we might be at the end of the road, but there is always a way before us that seems to appear... An opening, the proverbial "light at the end of the tunnel." He has never let us down. I just keep telling myself that I need to have Faith, more accurately FAITH, the Faith that can move mountains... And it often seems ironic that the times that we need Faith the most, are the times when we feel like we have none, but we keep praying for it just the same.
Then I look at James 1:2-3 "Consider it pure joy my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." And I know that times are hard, not just hard, but down right scary and out of our control, but I know that He is in control. He will bring us to it, and see us through it.
I will have Faith in the brighter tomorrow, and Faith that things will turn around. And through it all, I will look for the "bright side" of the situation, because no matter how bad things seem to be, He will be loving us and guiding us, and leading us to pray for not just ourselves but for those that may be worse off than us.
1 comment:
You are SO RIGHT! Along with faith is HOPE for the future. Jeremiah 29:11 is my favorite verse. I've had a loooong week of spiritual warfare, but have learned ALOT through prayer. Thanks for sharing your thoughts
Have a good weekend.
--Tammy D.
Post a Comment