I did it, I started what will be an overwhelming influence on my time for the next 15 months or so... The first of 10 classes that I need to finish up the final 30 credits for my bachelor of arts degree.
The first class I'm taking is an adult psychology class, which I think will turn out to be a very interesting class. However, the homework amount is just amazing! Six reading assignments to finish before next Wednesday's class, one paper to right ... geez! I forgot what school is like! Luckily, the writing (one paper each week) is a large portion of the final grade and that area is usually one of my stronger ones. It's the stat class that will give me nightmares!
I am so glad that I did this though, granted I have only finished week one... But, I'm an optimistic person and I believe that I am doing the right thing for the right reasons and that all will turn out well in the end. And, learning how to budget my time to add in studying will be a good thing, I'll cut out all the TV I watch, I'm sure I'll miss it at first, but I already started last night by actually shutting off Grey's Anatomy to read my homework... It is tivo'd, but not sure when I'll have time to watch that either. Maybe I'll make it a reward system for myself. The carrot dangling in front of my homework will be the tivo'd shows, if I don't have my assignments read then I don't get to watch...
Going back to college has lead to some interesting conversations with my 5 year old though! He can know tell you why you have to go, what a bachelor's degree is, and that when he is a teacher that he will go even longer to college to get his Masters.... Now I just pray that he will love school enough to stay that positive about it 12 years from now!!
3 comments:
Well, it sounds like you have the right attitude, now to just keep motivated! Good luck with it all!
Good luck on going back to school. I'm sure you'll do fine! Keep in touch when you can.
You will do great! I just hope you get enough sleep!
Post a Comment