I am grateful today for the way that the Lord works in our lives. The little things that all come together and you finally realize the plan and the timing in it all...
My husband's job was kind of in limbo, as the employer wanted to eliminate third shift, or more correctly, they have eliminated third shift except for two lines - one being my husbands. Now, to give you background, he has to work third shift to coach (which is his love...). He has been on third shift for 11 years just so he could coach wrestling at our middle/high school. He also runs (yes, Mr. President) and coaches for the youth football league in our town. So, for him to all of a sudden get thrown into a different shift would really turn the world we know upside down.
Anyway, he came home a couple weeks ago they had a meeting at work that pretty much said, "yes this shift will be gone, and no we can't tell you where you will be when that happens"... That same morning his friend called him with info on an opening at the place he works on the same shift! Well yesterday they offered him a job! So there is one thing I am very grateful for!!
Now at the same time, I've been getting all these tests done. I can no longer eat (feels like anything on some days) without intense pain, gas, bloating... well, they finally narrowed it down and the surgeon decided yesterday that he is going to remove my gallbladder. They can get it in before my husband switches jobs, so I don't have to worry about some glitch in the insurance saying it's not covered or it was pre-existing. So, I am very grateful that for one... I finally went to the doctor (this has been bothering me since the end of last year); and two, that the doctor ordered the tests and got me in quick enough that worrying about being stuck with a surgical bill is something I don't have to add to my worry list. And, the best part about being made to take 1 -2 weeks off work, which I'm not that happy about - I like my job... but, my family from Albuquerque, NM will be up here the end of the week, so I will be off the same time they are here to visit.
I am grateful today. I am grateful that I finally decided that I couldn't control how all this played out, but that God was there with his big plan all along. That in today's economy (especially here in Michigan) that there was another job just waiting. That my doctor listened to me and ran the tests and made the call in a timeframe that works. While I'm not pleased to have to have my body cut into, even laproscopically, I am not a doctor person (even though my doctor is a good guy). I don't take medicine, and I don't like being laid up, but the timing of it all - I am grateful for that.
7 comments:
I'm very happy for your husband about the new job - that is perfect timing, no doubt about it - and that you'll be able to have your gallbladder surgery in time.
Glad that everything is going to work out for you...good luck with your surgery, I hope it makes you feel much better.
Wow this is all working out perfectly. Hope your surgery goes well and you're feeling better soon!
Isn't God's provision for us amazing?!?!? I'm glad that everything worked out for your husband's job. Hugs to you, and good luck to you on your sugery!
What a great story about the awesomeness of God. I hope the job and and your surgery goes off without a hitch.
Isn't God great! Congrats to your dh on his new job and hope your operation goes okay. Good luck.
WOW, as they say "God has a plan for us all"
Post a Comment