My Motto

My motto: Life shouldn't be easy. Challenge yourself. Go out and do something HARD! Push yourself out of your ordinary boundaries, and stretch your abilities to your wildest imaginings.






Monday, June 9, 2008

Windstorm

Well, this has been an interesting weekend. We got hit by some crazy storm on Friday afternoon and have not had power since! We are going on hour 77... I have to say though, we cheated... we spent 2 of the 4 nights in a hotel, and tonight I'm burning up the computer at my mom's (I was beginning to go through withdrawal). Mom doesn't have power either, but they invested in this handly little item called a GENERATOR! At least they have a few lights, water and a cold refrigerator.

Here are some of the storm pics - it took down my kid's favorite climbing tree and a few others. It uprooted a couple in my parent's yard (they live next door)...


The kids couldn't believe how deep of a hole the roots of the tree left in the ground. Of course even in a time of disaster they got a kick out of climbing on the mess!

My kids' favorite climbing tree... The Cherry Tree. This was the most upsetting... I have pictures of them in this tree every spring, and it's a tree I helped my parents plant when I was kid, not knowing that I would one day be given the land that the tree was on...



3 comments:

Ellie said...

Amazing!

Me said...

Sorry to hear that their Cherry tree fell. The yards are so big and beautiful... it's just making room for bigger a better trees. Great shots.

Helena said...

Oh wow, sorry to hear about your tree, the photos are amazing though!

Yeah for Mum and Dad!!!!