My Motto

My motto: Life shouldn't be easy. Challenge yourself. Go out and do something HARD! Push yourself out of your ordinary boundaries, and stretch your abilities to your wildest imaginings.






Thursday, March 11, 2010

Laugh and the World Laughs with You...

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Screw up and your real friends will laugh at you, and they will laugh so hard, to the point that they are crying...

I just had a thought today that it is really nice to know that I am comfortable enough with my friends that they will feel free to laugh at me, and I at them in return. It's always nice to bring laughter to somebody's day, even at your own expense on occasion. I had a roommate in college who was great to laugh at and with, and she loved to laugh at me. I remember falling on the ice one time and she was laughing so hard she was crying and about to wet herself. After she quit laughing so hard that she could actually speak between gufffaws of laughter, she did manage an "are you okay?" And then she continued to laugh... But if we can't laugh at ourselves, our friends, the world around us, then what fun is life?

I am a firm believer that on some days, God sticks that invisible stick out there as we trip over nothing walking thru the store, just to humor himself for the time being. Just like when my son was flat on his back in the mud puddle, and mom was bent over laughing, I think God got a kick out of that as well. What better than to know that people are out enjoying the beauty of the day and getting muddy at the same time?

I'm to the point and age in my life that certain "friends," you know, the ones where you always feel you have to watch what you say around them, just aren't worth the effort. Not that I don't want "friends", I do, and I'm a nice enough person that I'm not going to be rude and just unfriend them, but if I can't be myself, is it really even a friendship?

2 comments:

Angela V. said...

I love this! And, just for the record, your facebook post about you having a "crap" in your leg, made me laugh!

Kristina said...

I totally agree. I was actually laughing at you today and it wasn't even you! I saw this blonde lady run out of Michaels to her van (which looked just like yours)and she looked so much like you from a distance! I was laughing and thinking "man, she really DOES like to run!" :-)