That's my current state of life. I'm in the calm between the storms of sports seasons! Wrestling is done, indoor soccer is winding down, and we (after this weekend) will have TWO full weeks until it all picks back up again with outdoor soccer for all three kids and track for one. I'm a bit sentimental on spring sports though. I remember playing ball for what - 10 years - in the spring. When you play spring sports in Michigan, it means you play in a little bit of sunshine, in a lot of rain and mud, in a little bit of snow, then throw in some early morning fog, high winds, and lots of thunderstorm cancellations. Then every once in a while, you'll get a beautiful 80 degree spring day for an early taste of summer.... Ahhhh... of course now, it means sitting in all the above weather conditions, which is a bit tougher than playing in them.
Since I've started running, I've grown to love spring all over again. Running outside in spring time means seeing the grass turn green, the flowers push their way through the dead grass from fall, the trees start to bud, new baby cows in the fields, birds all over the fields and trees, and of course allergies along with it, but, I love it just the same!
Spring time is cleaning out, sorting through, throwing out and starting fresh for the year ahead. I'll have a lot of that to do this year, both personally and professionally. I can't wait to see what life and summer bring to me and mine. While I wait, I'll enjoy life's new beginnings, while I strategize my own new beginnings on all these spring day romps, out in the fresh countryside air.... Welcome Spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment