Today is a beautiful Michigan, almost, Spring day! The sun is shining; the snow is melting (slow and steady); and the roads are clear of ice. Which, in my new running world, equals a great day for a lunchtime run!
I love the fact that running is now something I can't wait to do. Waiting for my lunch today, I was like a little kid waiting to go on carousel. The cool (yet much warmer than last week) breeze, the splashing mud at my feet and the smells of spring were completely arousing as I ran down the road. My challenge was to do an (as in ONE) extra hill sprint. I sprinted up the hill on the way out, sprinted up the other side on the way back, and the turned at the bottom and got in that extra sprint back up, and then with "Lose Yourself" focusing all my attention, I sprinted up it again! For a total of 4 hill sprints, and three miles, and a lunchtime that was exactly what I needed to energize myself for the remainder of the workday, running kids around after work-day, and homework filled evening.
Ahhh.... Now, it's time to go eat something yummy that I earned for lunch!
No comments:
Post a Comment