My Motto

My motto: Life shouldn't be easy. Challenge yourself. Go out and do something HARD! Push yourself out of your ordinary boundaries, and stretch your abilities to your wildest imaginings.






Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tuesday Night Cram...

Well I can see already that my Tuesday nights are going to be spent "cramming" for Wednesday nights class. Unfortunately, I tend to procrastinate... A paper, due Wednesday... no problem. Just remind me at 10:30 on Tuesday night, and I got it covered.

Funny enough, for this psych class we spent the week studying personality types, and get this, I am a person who prefers to use my Perceiving process in the outer world and like to live in a flexible, spontaneous way, seeking to experience and understand life, rather than control it. Detailed plans and final decisions feel confining and I prefer to stay open to new information and last minute options (must be why I chose to be a full-time, working mom of 3 very active children, a husband whose hobbies drag me along for the ride, and a student - who can plan for that until the last minute?)... It goes on to say that I am "energized by the resourcefulness in adapting to the demands of the moment" and that I am "energized by last-minute pressures." Hmmmm... so that's why I procrastinate!

It's kind of scary how on target this little test was. if you ever get a chance to take the Meyers Briggs testing you should try it. My complete personality type was INFP, which means an Introversion, Intuition, Feeling and Perceiving. In a nutshell:

Introversion - I focus on my own ideas and experiences, reflecting on my thoughts, memories and feeling; prefer to communicate in writing (always)...

Intuition - like to take in information by seeing the big picture, focusing on relationships and connections; imaginative; trusting inspiration...

Feeling - use of Feelings in decision making by considering what is important to others; mentally placing myself into someone else's shoes; empathetic; guided by personal values; strive for harmony and positive interactions; compassionate; tenderhearted and fair...

Perceiving - flexible; casual; adaptable, energized by last minute pressures...

Kind of neat, at least for me. I've always loved psychology, I find it interesting, even some of the theories that I think are way off base, are still interesting to read. So, it was an interesting homework week and now, it is 10:16 pm and I still have a paper to write... :-)

Anyway, besides school, another quick update, my insurance (so good to work in the claims business at times like this) WILL cover my basement. My dad and I went out in the field behind my house yesterday and ran a snake up our storm drainage pipe and unplugged it, dug it up and found the source of the plug - a big nasty clump of black goo... So, because I have the Back up of Drain/Sewer coverage I can try and recover some of the damage. I'm afraid the carpet in the basement is shot, but will find out soon enough. I still had to do some more drying to day and it's still a bit wet down there. The smell has started to subside, and the pain in my body from all the extra work is also starting to subside. If nothing else, the water damage made sure that I got in a workout this week. A pretty darn good workout, too! Swimming didn't even come close to how sore the "shop vac, dump the water, ring out the towels, carry the wet towels up the stairs, dry them, repeat" workout did! Oh well, gotta find the good or the bad will drive me crazy!

So good night all, I'm off to try and procrastinate no more tonight. I have to be in the office (dreaded of all places - I so love working from home) bright and early tomorrow morning and I still need to iron clothes and do dishes! Ah!

2 comments:

Carmen O. said...

What a workout you've had. Good to hear your insurance will cover it. Procrastination seems to be my strong suit too. Sometimes I'm worse than others though. I would love to find a work at home job! Hope your day or time in the office is short and sweet :D.

Angela V. said...

Procrastination is ok as long as you don't do it too long, like past the due date, then it's a problem! Glad to hear that your insurance will cover the basement disaster, that is a big positive!