That would be today. Lots of rain, which I am grateful for, because I was so tired of the snow. One more snowy day and I would be have to retire and bronze my snow shovel in the front yard after this winter. However, my back yard now appears to be under water. It is beginning to slowly look like a lake with spots of grass, instead of a yard with spots of puddles! Not good! I already have two areas in my basement (finished basement) that I'm drying with towels... I just keep reminding myself that I could by shoveling snow instead of drying towels. I much prefer the towels, at least it is warm in the laundry room.
Days like these though, I wish I could think myself over to a visit with my sister in Peoria, AZ. I'm sure the sun there would dry my back yard out in no time flat. I could probably siphon off the rain water and sell it by the pints down there... What would a desert ridden Arizona resident pay for pure Michigan rain water? Ah well... to dream.
Switching, back to the rainy day, it is good weather to enjoy hot cocoa! My kids and I just had hot cocoa, a handful of marshmallows for them and a half cup of coffee in mine, and that is the very best way to enjoy a rainy day Sunday! Next, some relaxing down time and maybe more hot cocoa after dinner... Then tomorrow, we will pray for sunshine!
2 comments:
I must admit that I love rainy days! Only the ones when I don't have anywhere to go though. If I have errands to run and it's raining...misery! ;)
Parts of our yard that are never puddled are swamps right now, but Mr Goose and Miss Goosey are loving it (I'll have to post a pic this week if I can catch them out there). I too said I wouldn't complain because it is not SNOW!!!! Ug! I am SICK of snow! And the lakes are thawing too - hooray! Hey, if you love cocoa in coffee, try Land o Lakes triple chocolate cocoa - I have only found it in Hardings stores but it is ever so yummy with coffee! :) Hope the wind dries you out soon!
Post a Comment