My Motto

My motto: Life shouldn't be easy. Challenge yourself. Go out and do something HARD! Push yourself out of your ordinary boundaries, and stretch your abilities to your wildest imaginings.






Monday, March 30, 2009

Mr. Right

I blogged a while back, over a year ago, http://thoughtsofval.blogspot.com/2008/01/my-one-person.html, about My One Person, My Dear Husband. Now, I know as well as most of you that in almost 14 years of marriage that we all give a lot of ourselves, and we also give up pieces of us to make the whole that much stronger. God gave us our partners in marriage because they make us the complete person that we are. I know I would be lost without my other half. I look at couples that have made 30, 40 and 50 years of marriage, and I know that is what I want. I want to know that I can stick through all the ups and downs and when I'm 85 years old and dancing at my grand kids weddings that I will still be dancing with the love of my life.

I am thankful everyday for the husband that I have. Not that marriage is perfect, if you know the secret to a Perfect Marriage, make sure to let me in on that, but I really believe that the whole give and take balance is what makes it work. You have to give some to get some, or something like that. So recently, my husband found something he wasn't comfortable with, it is nothing "bad" in any sort of way, but it wasn't something that he felt good about. And asking me to give that portion of my life up was part of the give and take of our relationship. I was shocked at first, taken aback, but when it came down to it, I knew that if I approached him in all honesty about something that I wasn't "comfortable" with, that he would love me enough to do the same.

I also know that in today's world, when half of my friends are divorced, facing divorce, or single parents from the get go, that keeping my marriage happy, secure and focused on each other is the only way to secure that in another 14 years we will be so close to that 30 year mark. That we will be able to look at each other and know in our hearts that each and every sacrifice that we have made has taken our marriage to a new level, and that we will make the best out of the relationship that God has blessed us with, and in doing so, we will teach our children how to treat the ones that you love and care for.

On the Praise and Coffee site (see my blog list), she had a video posted, "I'm Singing"... I'm Singing right now because I have a husband that I am proud of, who loves me, and who I love in return.

2 comments:

Carmen O. said...

Sounds like you have a healthy marriage. Kudos to you and your hubby.

Denise said...

Loving this post! Thanks for 're'posting it! :) That was a great video on praise and coffee, I went all day thinking "what am I singing about?" I had a list but nothing I could actually put together in words....but yours is GREAT!