My Motto

My motto: Life shouldn't be easy. Challenge yourself. Go out and do something HARD! Push yourself out of your ordinary boundaries, and stretch your abilities to your wildest imaginings.






Tuesday, January 27, 2009

25 Random Things

Ok this is actually lifted from my Facebook Notes... it was the "tag" going around and I thought I'd also post it on my blog. If you are reading this, then you are tagged and get to go write your own 25 things!

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you

Okay, here it goes...
1. I read about one book a week - and they include a little bit of everything and every author. Current choice is The Shack, which I started last night. I once read two books (novels - not dr. seuss) in one day, some good comes from being stuck on a couch...
2. I hate paying full price for a book... Love book clubs and amazon.com, and the library, but why pay full price for something you will read once (the good ones maybe twice) and then either give to a local library, good will, or to someone else?
3. I love sports - all of them. Playing them and watching them. I love the excitement of a good win, and the sadness in a close loss... I tear up almost everytime I hear the National Anthem.
4. I have a huge, very close family. I hope my children will always be as close to me, as I am with my parents and siblings.
5. Yes, I am one of those crazy, fanatic, scrapbooking moms! The only problem I have is deciding when to switch completely to digital...
6. I LOVE to play poker... My hubbie takes me along to the guys games to make sure one of us wins some money! Longest game to date was 12 hours in a Hold 'em tournament on New Years Day.
7. If I could afford two homes, my second would be in Sedona, AZ.
8. I used to roof houses all summer long with my dad's construction business. I love working on a roof -especially in good weather!
9. We built our own house, and I learned how to put in a tile floor, a wood floor, the kitchen cabinets, and how to cut trim angles. The tile floor was my favorite...
10. I cry A LOT... I'm not crazy, (see #3) but just about any emotional/happy moment will bring a tear to my eye.
11. When I'm mad, I don't cry. I scrub the tile floors on my hands and knees in the bathroom, and that is my way to vent.
12. I once hit a homerun out of the park at Lakeview High School... I think that was my best softball moment ever.
13. I spend too much time on Facebook!
14. One of the most relaxing things to do is to sit and watch a storm; listen to the the rain and thunder, and watch the lighting dance across the sky.
15. I will exercise every day of my life before I give up eating chocolate.
16. There are no friends in this world like my siblings...
17. I believe in marriage (14 years in July).
18. I have Faith. Faith in God, Faith in the goodness of people, Faith in love. I'm definitely an optimist.
19. There is no sound in the world like laughter.
20. If I had enough money and time I would pack up my family and travel the world.
21. I get to go vacation in Mexico in 82 days!
22. My favorite Girl Scout cookie is the Thin Mint, frozen...
23. I have never had a good experience chasing cows... it is always a bad thing when there is running and manure involved.
24. I love to dance and sing in my kitchen while cooking dinner... it helps to relax you after a long day of work, and the kids love to join in. You don't ever want to watch or listen, as it wouldn't necessarily be pretty or sound good... But it's fun!
25. I love people that make me see the good in the world through the things that they do...

3 comments:

Angela V. said...

so funny that you posted this today...i just got this on my facebook this morning!

Carmen O. said...

Great random things list. I'll need to do one...eventually LOL. Number 23 is hilarious and Ditto on #25!

Anonymous said...

I would love to deliver them to you!