My Motto

My motto: Life shouldn't be easy. Challenge yourself. Go out and do something HARD! Push yourself out of your ordinary boundaries, and stretch your abilities to your wildest imaginings.






Monday, January 26, 2009

Wrestling Season...

Well, today marks the beginning of one of our "busy seasons." My husband's wrestling team starts practice today, so that means he gets home from work at 7:30 am (he's a 3rd shifter), sleeps till 1pm and then heads to the school for practice, from which he gets home about 6pm. Then, our boys have practice for the "youth wrestling" on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6pm - 7pm.

I can't complain though, my husband loves coaching, and it is fun for all of us for the most part. And after 11 or 12 years of doing this, and still being able to say that he (we) enjoy it, and being able to look forward to the years when our boys will be old enough to be on the school team (which gives us at least another 12 years)... If you can look forward to it and know that you still enjoy it, then I guess you know that you are doing the right thing.

I just have to take a deep breathe, say a quick prayer, and prepare myself for the business of life at home. Which, in most aspects, I'm completely used to by now as it was only 2 months ago when we wrapped up football season. So it's just getting back into the "groove" of things. Lots of crock pot dinners, more fast food and pizza dinners, and long weekends in the gym...

But I have to say that I am thankful that I have a husband who is involved, who loves the sports and the kids, and who is good at what he does. I can be a proud coaches wife in any gym that I walk into. I get to know a lot of good people in our schools and community, and I get to know the kids that are in school with my kids as well as their parents. I am thankful that I have been given the ability to work at home, so that I can spend that lunch period catching up on dinner and laundry, and have more time when my husband is at home. And, I'm thankful that God has seen to give me the sanity to deal with a crazy schedule like this! So, Hello Wrestling Season, and here we go again....

1 comment:

Angela V. said...

Your wrestling season sounds like our soccer season...except soccer has become a year round sport here and I get more than I can handle sometimes! (plus not only does my husband coach, he also plays on a league every Sunday!)