My Motto

My motto: Life shouldn't be easy. Challenge yourself. Go out and do something HARD! Push yourself out of your ordinary boundaries, and stretch your abilities to your wildest imaginings.






Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Gotta Have Faith

"Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation." D. Elton Trueblood

I have seen people that have that Faith that you hear about, the Faith that we all long for, the Faith that really can move mountains. Whether they are mountains in your personal life, your spiritual life or your work life. I have mountains, lots of mountains. And my problem is that I don't have Faith. I have Faith... but it is hard for me to have REAL faith. To let all my troubles and burdens rest solely on Him, that is hard for me to do. I want to try and fix everything. I want to be the one deciding who, what, when and where. I want to be in control.

Lately, I have felt that I need to have Faith. I need to let Him have control and I need to trust that once He is in the drivers seat that all will go well... that I don't have to be that "backseat" driver trying to tell him how to do his job and that He forgot to turn the lights on so that I can see where we are going. I have ran into quotes and emails, songs, stories, etc... all telling me to have Faith.

So, I'm trying, I'm really trying to let go and to let him take the wheel. I know it could only cause one heck of a wreck if He's driving down the road of my life and I decide to jerk the wheel out of his hands because I think he missed a turn. I'd end up causing one big accident and hitting a tree or worse on the side of the road where I thought I was supposed to be.

Faith... it seems so easy when you think about it. It's not, I find that I am constantly telling myself to let go... to relax and loosen my grip on the controls, cuz' you gotta have Faith...

No comments: