My Motto

My motto: Life shouldn't be easy. Challenge yourself. Go out and do something HARD! Push yourself out of your ordinary boundaries, and stretch your abilities to your wildest imaginings.






Sunday, September 9, 2007

Whirlwind

The wind is the chaos of my life blowing and churning around me. I have thoughts and plans and to-do lists and more chores and all of it is churning and storming and twirling around me. I've realized that all the chaos I've managed to make a part of my life has become this whirlwind around me that blows and pushes and knocks me back when I don't stand up strong enough. It's the force that tries to control where I go, what I do and lately who I am. This whirlwind has become so strong that the wind barriers that I try to put up just don't last. I try to make arrangments and delegate and the more time I make up for myself the more stuff I find that I need to do. And the wind keeps blowing and the storms start storming. Then, I find I'm dodging the lightning and the hail that the whirlwind has produced. I'm running for cover with no shelter to be found. My head is throbbing and my eyes just don't want to stay open. I am begging for sleep and rest. No more running and no more whirlwind, just peace and quiet. But when does the storm end, when will the force of the winds tire of besieging me? Will I succumb to the wind and the rain? Will I wrap myself in the presence of the whirlwind and face the deamons, step up to the storm and make myself stronger? Will I endure the pressure I face? Will the whirlwind run it's course? Will sunshine and a cool relaxing breeze find their way back to me?

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Valerie you are the one of the strongest women I know. I am so proud to have you as my daughter. So what if you messed up the video can't be worse then dropping not one but 2 videocameras and breaking them. We all have are moments. I'm very proud of you and love reading your blog