My Motto

My motto: Life shouldn't be easy. Challenge yourself. Go out and do something HARD! Push yourself out of your ordinary boundaries, and stretch your abilities to your wildest imaginings.






Monday, September 10, 2007

Some People

Ok, so I screwed up taping our son's football game. Although I am master of many things, videotaping sports is not one of them. Nor, did I ever state in my application for wife and mother (did I actually apply for this or did it just happen??) that I was a master of this. I didn't even claim to be frickin' an apprentice. But, suddenly you put one in my hand and I am supposed to be king of all cameras. Well, you know what... I'M NOT! When I do get the game on tape, it's either too far away, too close, too shaky, too much talking in the background... hire a frickin' videotaper then! I just want to watch the game!

So, anyway... yes, I screwed up and was hitting pause instead of record and vice versa for the whole first part of the game... You would think the world just came to a halt and flipped upside down on its orbit. Holy God almighty... Did I set the house on fire? NO! Did I lock a kid in the car outside? NO! Did I drop a fry pan and hit you upside the head - NO (may have crossed my mind but I didn't do it). But then, I laughed... I had a long day, and ooops, screwed that one up, but they lost anyway, oh well... That really did him in. Thought he was going to have a heart attack right then and there. "You think this is funny...." Well, no, but griping and chewing me out about it when I'm already sick of your football mindset, is not going to make it better, nor is it going to make me want to do it the next time... So, then World War (I think we are up to like100) 101 starts in our kitchen. I don't fight well, I get mad and yell and cry and it's not a pretty sight to see. So, because I screwed up a frickin' football tape (which like I said - was not the game gripper of the year that you would watch over and over again anyway) I am not speaking to him at this moment, of course it helps that he works night's and went to work. Why is a crazy football tape so important anyway? I just want to sit and watch him play and enjoy it while it's happening. And, after work, I don't want to hear about it, I don't want to know if it was good or wasn't because you know what? I DON"T CARE! As long as my kiddo played his best and had fun doing it ( and didn't break any major bones ) that's all I care about. I don't have time for one thing to watch it again, between working and then working for the football league, then doing school paperwork for the kids, and then dinner and then getting them in bed, when would I watch it again anyway?? I'm glad he has time to watch it over and over, but I don't. Urgh!

So anyway, wouldn't you think that my sanity and happiness was more important than a videotape? Obviously he is immune to the stress and the weight loss and the fact that I want to scream and pull my hair out. And then to start a fight over a STUPID TAPE! I don't get it. If I asked him to take a picture and he chopped half the family out of the picture? Oh well, life goes on. Doesn't it? Isn't tomorrow going to come and go with or without a video of last weeks game, and OH, isn't there another 20 dads that taped it also? I'm sure they are actually acclaimed Masters of that little device and did not screw it up like I did, and would be more than willing to give the Coach a copy? Oh heavens, to ask for some type of favor like that... Maybe I will just smash the whole frickin' camera and wrap it up in a nice little football box with lots of ribbon and a card for an actual professional videographer, because you know what.. I don't want the job!

No comments: