My Motto

My motto: Life shouldn't be easy. Challenge yourself. Go out and do something HARD! Push yourself out of your ordinary boundaries, and stretch your abilities to your wildest imaginings.






Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Little Bits

Sometimes, you just have got to move on. I've cried - a lot lately - and I still stand by my opinion that a good cry cleanses your soul, although it leaves me looking red, puffy and blotchy. But out of everything that life deals to me, (supposedly not more than I can handle, although sometimes it brings me right to the brink of that cliff that looks down into the deepest and darkest canyon) I still want to see the light at the end of it all. I want to be an eternal optimist, hoping that the world will result in a final "Happy Ending" in a field of roses and daisies. I want to find that good person I once knew... I want to know that I haven't wasted years of aimless searching only to end up at that dead end. I want to know that the years I've spent searching and reaching for happiness have made me stronger.

There are days when that dark cliff looks like the end, and sometimes I swear I feel someone trying to push me over the edge, but then there are moments, brief glimpses, little bits of time, when that spark of sunshine starts to break through. I look down at the bottom of that dark cliff and wow, there's a rose bush in full bloom. It's then that I realize that whatever road I may have ended up on, is holding something for me, I just have to look hard (sometimes I have to stare for what seems like forever) and then I'll find it. It may even smack me on the forehead like it's been staring back at me for the same amount of time I was looking for it. But it's there... Life is there. Life that holds great moments of glory if I just stop to look for them.

Life is there, and it's not waiting, time won't stop, and if I don't stop to listen, that moment of happiness will pass me by. Life is there, and sometimes, in that darkest hour, I just have to step up and move on, and I have to keep looking for that moment before it does smack me in the face, because with my luck, it would probably knock me out cold when I did run into it...

Those moments are there, and I will find them. I will take that deep breathe and savor each little glimpse of happiness. Because in the end, that's all it is. It's not that I was born or that I died, but it's all those little bits of life that I take for granted in between that make my life what it is, and make me who I am. Those little bits of happiness that are just waiting for me to find them.

No comments: