My Motto

My motto: Life shouldn't be easy. Challenge yourself. Go out and do something HARD! Push yourself out of your ordinary boundaries, and stretch your abilities to your wildest imaginings.






Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Already June?

Wow, I can't believe it is June already. I feel like the summer has gotten away from me and it hasn't really even started yet. It's crazy... One kids' soccer season is done, the older two both have one more week and then a tournament next weekend, and then we can wrap up that sport, for a few months at least.

Football and cheer sign ups are forever ongoing. It seems like the sign up forms trickle in daily into our mailbox, but I cannot complain. This year we added 3 more grade levels and a flag football league, so we now run the league for Kindergarten - 8th grade. And, it seems like we keep adding other stuff to it as well. We are trying to add community involvement into the mix for the kids. Last year, we took the older players and they helped at the local assisted living home in town. I'm hoping this year's project will be to get a team together for the Relay for Life event in our town.

I am also working on getting actual "non-profit" status for us, which I found out will probably, also, be my research project for my bachelor's degree. I have a 6 credit, 250 hour, 50 - 200 page research project due next June... "How to obtain "Non-Profit" status" for our organization looks like what my research will be on. The application alone is scary, but thinking that I need to write a 8 chapter, probably 100 page paper, is even scarier! Again, someone remind me why I didn't finish school when I was 22? But, at least the work I do for our league this year can duplicate work that I need to do to finally get that degree.

So not much else has been going on... work, school, summer break... I'm still running, my sister has me on a "program" for this triathlon, and she informed me she is running another marathon (the whole 26 mile shabang) in October. I'll cheer her on in spirit, my legs were not made for a 3 - 4 hour run (of course for me that would be more like 7 - 8 hours I'm sure). I'm hoping to make it to 6 miles though, I told her I might, or rather MIGHT, try and run the 10k instead of the 5k with her in August, again let me emphasize M-I-G-H-T!!! It does feel good to run again though, the first mile is a killer and then after that it seems to get better - of course I'm only up to 2.5 miles!! I'm sure it gets worse again at some point. And, I've been trying to run with my oldest, who is more than willing to sprint ahead and leave me in his dust. But I have gracefully accepted that I am indeed getting old.

Oh, and I found out that I only have 2, yes TWO years, until he will be taking driver's training! If I didn't feel old before, I am definitely feeling old now! I also found out yesterday that he is now too old for his mommy to follow him around... I chaperoned his class trip to Michigan's Adventure. 225 middle school kids, running free as can be, around the park; five buses full of kids, who managed to intake a lot of sugar and candy right before time to leave... wonderful trip!

Such is life right? Anywhooo.... I guess that's the nutshell recap of the last month, since I've been too busy to keep up to date on this! I have a lot more planned for June as well, including some much needed SCRABOOKING!! It has been forever since I have done anything creative, and I ordered 368 pictures, and all the paper and "stuff" to go with it... Ladies, I do believe that it is time to get this party scrappin'!

Night all... ;-)

3 comments:

Carmen O. said...

Wow you are busy! I've been shuttling Mitch to Adrian for rehearsals and that takes 5-6 hrs a day with travel time. School is done here today and tomorrow. Noah is only going to school tomorrow to hang with friends. Tomorrow we're headed to Karmanos Cancer Center for Tim's work up so he can start drug trials on the 18. I've gotten my transcripts together and submitted my FAFSA so I can head back to school for the 3rd time! This time in the medical arena. I am going into Cancer Information Management. Well I hope things slow down enough for you so you can scrap. I do a little here and there, but haven't found time lately to update my blog. Take Care!

Denise said...

So WHEN are you taking another vacation? Great to read a new post, you made me laugh about the marathon, the big one you MIGHT run! :) We start summer school next week, ug!

Angela V. said...

I would cry and hide if I had to worry about writing a 50-200 page research paper! That just does NOT sound fun. good luck with your run, I admire that you can run 2.5 miles! I am slowly, slowly working on it. Every day I try to run a little longer on the treadmill with the hopes of one day trying a 5K. We'll see!