My Motto

My motto: Life shouldn't be easy. Challenge yourself. Go out and do something HARD! Push yourself out of your ordinary boundaries, and stretch your abilities to your wildest imaginings.






Saturday, January 24, 2009

Alone Time...

I have rediscovered something yesterday and today that I have not had in a long time.... Time alone! No kids, no hubbie, and not at the house where there is always plenty to be cleaned or put away.

Last night I had 2 hours to myself and I spent them browsing at Barnes & Nobles with a white chocolate mocha in hand. This morning, I had to drop my oldest off for SAT testing at WMU and it's from 8:15am - 1:00pm, and it is an hour from my house. So, while I could spend 4 hours on the road driving home and then back and then back home again. I decided to pack up a couple books and my laptop, and here I sit... At Starbuck's with another white chocolate mocha (2 in two days - going to have to workout tonight) and time to be alone.

Although I could work, and I might do some of that in my 4 hours of time, I think I'd rather spend it going through all these wonderful blogs that others have written, read some, blog some of my own, etc... all while taking in the glorious smell of coffee!

So, I am off to web surf, read blogs, and anything else that I never have time to do at home!

p.s. 1 hr into my venture, I have 2 other notes of interest (or maybe not interesting at all)... 1. That the music is also good. I brought my new ipod touch, but I don't even need it; and 2. that it's kind of fun to sit back and people watch... I can hear their orders and then try and "match" the customer to the drink. What does your drink say about you... I'm sure my Non Fat Venti White Chocolate Mocha with Carmel and Whip Cream says, "balancing the abundance of calories between the non-fat and plus whip..." Does that mean I'm a balanced person? Probably not...

Oh, actually another point. Not many people now a days make eye contact. So now, as I sit by the exit door. I am looking up as people walk out, they probably think I'm some crazy lady, I am trying to smile a friendly "good day"... Two takers so far. A kid, and a young man, who hopefully didn't think it was anything more than a "good day" smile and nod...
p.s.s - Ok... It's now 11:43 am and I have to be back at WMU Campus in an hour... the cozy seat is finally beginning to put my rear to sleep. Time to get up and stretch... might have to get another coffee to go though! Thanks for sharing my alone time...

4 comments:

Angela V. said...

Good for you! Sometimes sitting quietly for awhile, doing nearly nothing does wonders! To answer your question about whether or not I type my journaling a lot, yes. I think I probably do 1/2 typed, 1/2 handwritten, it just depends on my mood!

Kristina said...

I love the white chocolate mochas! I got a taste of alone time yesterday at the library...it was wonderful! Can you remember the days before kids when we could just go off and do whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted? I don't know what I used to do with all of that time!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are blogging.. It is so fun to read and catch up with you..

Anonymous said...

I adore sitting down and people watching. We have a fantastic coffee shop next to a video game store, so when hubby goes shopping, I get my alone time!

Fantastic blog, hope the SAT went well.