| There are these people around me that realize when I'm tired, when I'm just in a down right "pissy" mood, or when I am in a really good mood and just feel like laughing. They have seen me at my worse and at my best. They have seen the bad hair and the red eyes from crying. They have seen the messy house days and they have been over to see the wonder of the clean house. They have shared in my sorrow and felt my pain with the sadness. They have reveled in my joy and they have laughed both at me and with me, probably more at me than with me, but I would have it no other way. I would much rather have honest people around me that will check me and point out those flaws and clueless moments, than to have someone who didn't care if I made a fool of myself. I would have it no other way than to surround myself with those that know how to lift me up when I am down, who know how to stay away when I need space, and who know how to comfort me when I just need someone to be there. They have this sense of who I am, although very few of them know all of "me," but they know the important things and even some of that which I don't often share. They can laugh at my frustration and help me ease from rage to anger to just upset without me pulling my hair out, or theirs. They can look me in the eyes and see that person inside me, and they know that of all these things they do for me, that I would do for them. I want to be the friend that cares, who asks about their day, their family and their health. I don't do any of this as much as I should, but as life and time allow, I want to show that I care. I want to be that person for all of them that they are to me. Even if it means just being there and nothing else. I want to be the one who will be there. Whether it's to watch them so they don't fall, or to catch them when they have. I want to be that person. I want to be the person that I see in each of them, and I want to return the favor of their friendship plus ten times more. I want to be able to look back in 5, 10 and 20 years and see each of them still having a hold on my life, and vice versa. I want those friendships to be nurtured and to endure. I am thankful for these friends and the affect they have on my life, my heart and my soul. |
The sane and insane, the normal and the abnormal, the crazy and the calm, the days that bring me Faith, and the moments that bring me Blessings, my inspirations and musings, my hopes and dreams, and the climb to make them my reality.
My Motto
My motto: Life shouldn't be easy. Challenge yourself. Go out and do something HARD! Push yourself out of your ordinary boundaries, and stretch your abilities to your wildest imaginings.
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Friends
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment