My Motto

My motto: Life shouldn't be easy. Challenge yourself. Go out and do something HARD! Push yourself out of your ordinary boundaries, and stretch your abilities to your wildest imaginings.






Monday, April 12, 2010

First 10k

I finished my first ever 10k this weekend! My sister ran the Martian Meteor 10k with me - she was my pacer. I was hoping to be under an hour for my first one and at a 9:30 pace. However, we (my sister and I) finished with a 55:50 and a 8:59 pace! I was ecstatic to hit an under 9 min pace time! We were 34th (her at 55:50.04) and 35th (me at 55:50.09) in our age group of 203 runners. It ended up being a beautiful morning for a run, it was a bit cold when we got there at 6:30 am, but was almost perfect by the time we started running. And the best part, I wasn't a bit sore, I felt really really good afterwards. Which probably just means that I should shoot for an 8:30 pace the next time.

1 comment:

Angela V. said...

Congratulations! That is quite an achievement!