The day is finally here! My "brother" from New Mexico and his sweet wife will be here this afternoon, and my sister from Arizona flies in late tonight, and then two days and my parents will have the last of their 5 kids married and on his own! My baby brother, 11 years younger and who will always be a "baby" in my book, is getting married. I'm so glad that it is a happy occasion that is bringing the family home for this short visit.
I am taking this morning to sit here, enjoy the quiet of the morning with my cup of coffee before the craziness begins. I have tux fitting to do this afternoon for my youngest who is the ring bearer, a few football errands, and then dinner at my parents with my brother/his wife when the arrive. Then tomorrow morning crazy will really arrive with my sister and her family. Her three kids, my three kids, and my other sister's two kids are already planning the "who is sleeping where..." slumber parties, and somehow I always end up with the boys, who are the majority of this group. So I can plan on tomorrow night after rehearsal, having 5 boys playing (most likely with nerf dart guns) in my house, while my sister will get the three pre-teen girls who will most likely be quietly giggling and locked in her daughter's bedroom. Somehow, I feel like I might be getting the short end of this stick, but I love it nonetheless. Not sure life would seem normal if there was no crazy.
I know that I need to get up and start cleaning, get another cup of coffee, do laundry, etc... but for now, I am enjoying sitting here, soaking in the peacefulness of the morning, and just reflecting and preparing for the chaotic days ahead! Tomorrow will be filled with all the visiting with family, getting ready for rehearsal and then rehearsal dinner, more family fun, Wedding on Saturday, etc.... Ahhh. I can't wait!
2 comments:
Oh yeah definitely enjoy your quiet time before all the craziness! Have a fabulously wonderful weekend. And take lots of fun pictures.
HAVE FUN !!!!!!! :) It will be insane but if you are stocked on coffee and you have your camera ready, oh...you'll have a blast even if you didn't have those things! Enjoy your time all together, your house will be insanely loud so I hope you had enough quiet time to help you handle it! :) Even though it's been so cold at night, maybe you could do a camp fire. What is it about boys and campfires?
Post a Comment