My Motto

My motto: Life shouldn't be easy. Challenge yourself. Go out and do something HARD! Push yourself out of your ordinary boundaries, and stretch your abilities to your wildest imaginings.






Sunday, June 7, 2009

Drive In Movie Night

We decided to take a family outing to one of the few remaining drive in theaters. My husband used to go all the time as a kid with his family, and I had never been to one, so we packed up the mini van full of kids (two extra - niece and nephew), treats, chairs, blankets and coffee for me, and headed to the Capri Drive In in Coldwater, MI.

It's a good hour away, so it gave the kids a chance to take a little nap on the way down ...


The drive in is actually pretty economical. I was surprised that the ticket prices were cheaper than a normal theater PLUS the cost was for two movies not one. We picked the "Land of the Lost" and "Night at the Museum" combo. It got a little wet at the beginning and the kids and Darrell all ended up in the van, while I tried to keep dry sitting on the bumper under the hatch...


It ended up staying mostly dry, and the kids had a great time. Now the drive in is the only movie they want to see!




2 comments:

Angela V. said...

that looks like a lot of fun! i sure wish there were more drive ins around, i know my kids would LOVE it!

Carmen O. said...

I love going to the drive-in it's so sad there aren't many left any longer. We used to go all the time when I was a kid...back seat of the station wagon down in our pj's and a roasterful of popcorn to boot! With my kids we'd take chairs and goodies with. Looks like you had a good time!