My Motto

My motto: Life shouldn't be easy. Challenge yourself. Go out and do something HARD! Push yourself out of your ordinary boundaries, and stretch your abilities to your wildest imaginings.






Tuesday, August 19, 2008

This World

This world we live in is so tough at times. I look around and see all the pain that is inflicted by people looking out for themselves. The mistakes that people have made that have influenced their families and friends. Not myself withstanding...

There is too much selfishness in this world. Too many looking out for number one, and not looking for the real number one. This world should not revolve around "me", or "you." But so many times, that is the reason that people make the mistakes that they do. They are looking and seeking that pleasure that isn't from God. They want happiness that they see through the world's eyes and not His eyes. And once they look through the lenses of the world they cannot see the blessings and happiness that He has waiting for them. Blinded by sin. Blinded by greed. His blessings are waiting for us, but too many times we walk right pass them with our blinders on. We see the other light at the end of the tunnel of temptation. We see the light that is blinding us to the true light.

It is disheartening to watch others fall into this pit. It is hard, when you know others have tried to tell them, but they won't open their hearts and eyes to see. It is especially hard when you know that the ones that will be pulled down with them are innocent children. This world will bring you down. I've let it try and pull me down. I've let it almost consume me with anger and frustration. The change came when I quit looking at the faults of those around me and found the faults within myself. None of us our perfect, and the grass is not greener somewhere else. But in order to find that the grass isn't green, some of us have to try and eat it ourselves.

I have to say that God has blessed my family. I have seen his blessings and I am thankful everyday for the life that He has given me. I know that there will be trials, and I know that life isn't always smooth, but I was taught a long time ago that life is what you make it. I am the one that decides my own happiness. God may give me trials, but I will be the one to decide if I smile as I face it or drop to my knees in failure. Too many of us expect that happiness is a state that we get when the world has given us what we need. When in fact, happiness is what we have when we decide to look past the faults of the world and face the day with the love and hope that only He can give us. Happiness, like Love, is a decision. I will decide to face each day with a smile on my face and a song in my heart.

1 comment:

Ellie said...

I agree with you 100%. I thank God everyday too, even for the smallest of things and I appreciate what He has Blessed me with. God Bless.