My Motto

My motto: Life shouldn't be easy. Challenge yourself. Go out and do something HARD! Push yourself out of your ordinary boundaries, and stretch your abilities to your wildest imaginings.






Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Oh, You Make Me Smile...

This song has been running through my head since last night, Smile, by Uncle Kracker... and of course, got me thinking on all the things that I have in my life that make me smile. My optimistic nature is thrilled with all the little things in life, maybe it's the time of year, maybe it's the fact that I have finally accepted the difficulties at work and the fact that "I'll be okay." I will have to find a new job, but that will be okay... For some reason that was a big hurdle for me. My optimism got crushed under the overwhelming desire to keep doing what I'm doing right now, but the light ahead is full of something else, something new and better. So anyway, I feel like I fully have my optimism back in check, and can face the changes with a smile and that attitude that says "here I come, watch out world."

But, back to the song, it's a good song. It's a simple song, and it's so true. It's the simple, everday things that turn our world upside down, and the same simple, everyday things that keep us going strong with a smile on our face.

My children make me smile a million times a day! Bless all three of them, for they are the greatest kids (yes, I'm biased). I have three kids who are respectful, caring, good students, good leaders, funny, healthy and full of life (and even good athletes)! I thank God all the time for blessing me with my family. Yes, we all have flaws, but a little attitude comes with the teenage years and I'll challenge them and accept them at the same time - everytime.

My husband, who doesn't like to show his emotions due to his introverted nature, but you can read it all over his face every time he sees his children, and seeing him smile with them, makes me smile. He's my best friend in the world, and has been for almost 18 years! How crazy is that, that I'm actually that old....

Just thinking that I really get to spend the next four days with family, no work, just family, makes me smile. There will always be those "family" moments that may be tense, or make you roll your eyes, but even those will make me smile, because that's who they are, and they are a part of us. We are all family and every little part of that makes me smile.

4 comments:

Angela V. said...

What a beautiful post Val! I've been hearing that song a lot lately too, and it does have a great message. I hope you have a wonderful holiday! Merry Christmas!

Carmen O. said...

Awww what a great post - tearing up here! Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and much health and happiness in 2010!

*reyanna* said...

I agree... the time spent with family is the best. :-) Such a sweet post. Thanks for the great message in that song. :-) Hope you had a Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!

Jamie said...

I loved reading this, Val! Sometimes in all of the chaos it is hard to stay positive! Thanks for sharing!!