Wow, this summer is just flying by. Life is busy as always, and there isn't much new going on, but I just can't believe that the summer is almost 2/3 done! Where did it go??
I'm in the last few weeks before football season starts and have a list a mile long of the final to-dos for the season. We originally thought that this economy was going to kill our numbers; however, due to a very generous donation from a local judge, we have been able to cover the scholarships that we give to the kids with financial needs and our numbers are back up over 250, with 2 or 3 sign-ups coming in daily! On top of that, I'm working with an attorney to try and obtain non-profit status for our league, officially, and what a load of paperwork that is, but it will all be worth it!
School is going well, I am now 1/3 of the way done! 40 more weeks till my bachelor's degree! As far as I know, I still have a job until at least the end of April 2010. They keep telling us that we will know more in November when they start posting our jobs down in Ohio... so, for now, I am working on my attitude and morale level at work. I never thought of myself as a lazy, care-less attitude type worker, until you know your job is being moved, then it kind of makes it hard to care, especially on those days when it feels like all the work is being dumped on your shoulders. I just want to ask "why bother?" ... so, I am working on keeping a good attitude. I don't enjoy being negative, and I'm not a negative person by nature. So, I'll keep looking for the good in all of this.
Other than that, my sister has whipped me into pretty good shape! I call her drill sergeant Jo... her latest was telling me that sprinting up the hills is good for my butt. But does that mean I HAVE to do it? I did... almost, made it just about to the top before I thought I was going to pass out and my quads were going to explode. This was after our 10 mile bike ride. Have you ever tried to run after biking 10 miles? Doesn't sound too bad, but I guess they call it spider legs... I don't know, but it was the weirdest feeling for the first 1/2 mile or so until I had full control of my lower body.
Today we ran our 5k after swimming - instead of biking the 10 miles - so I did get in my early morning workout. Now, next week, we have to combine and actually practice the whole triathlon all together. I can't wait!! (yes, that was a little sarcastic)! It is kind of fun though. It's a sweaty bonding sisterly experience, and even though she kicks my bootie (she's the marathoner in the family - 26 miles is a piece of cake for her) she is someone who you just want to try and keep up with. I wouldn't make it out of bed at 6am to swim/bike on my own! It's good to have that motivator in your corner! And, since we are at 16 days till the actual tri, it's literally sink or swim!
On top of that, I'm trying to drink lots of water so my body isn't dehydrated, which for me is a challenge since I normally am strictly a coffee drinker.
The kids have been busy. Busy fighting, cleaning, whining about all these chores (I have to remind them once a week that having slaves was why we chose to have kids...), playing, going to all their summer camps, and right now finishing up 4H projects for fair, which is only 2 days away! Jessi is waiting waiting waiting for that big Middle School schedule to get here, along with the orientation dates so she can do her official walk through before school starts! Robby told me yesterday that he is ready for school to start - to be the big kindergartner this year! It's just crazy. I can't believe that I now have TWO kids in middle school.
And, to make me feel even older, yesterday was our 14th year wedding anniversary! Time definitely does fly, but oh, let the good times roll!!
2 comments:
SOOOO good to hear from you!
You must love your sister an awful lot because the mere thought of running up a hill already wears me out! I'll be headed out camping soon and that is all the bike riding I need to do....
I'm really impressed though. THAT is a lot of hard work you are doing!
Keep up the great attitude...love your new facebook button and since I'm here I'll say HOORAY for posting the wedding pic! I was hoping you would! :)
And, I remind my boys all the time they are here to work...I'm sure we will have to sell the farm when they grow up and leave us! :( JK, S2 plans on living right next door!
Wow you go Girl! Gosh I don't think I'd be able to handle very much of that. I really need to just get myself on a walking schedule. Sounds like you're keeping pretty busy and so is your family. I'm looking forward to going back to school so remind me of that when things get tough later. :D Have a great rest of the summer!
Post a Comment