My Motto

My motto: Life shouldn't be easy. Challenge yourself. Go out and do something HARD! Push yourself out of your ordinary boundaries, and stretch your abilities to your wildest imaginings.






Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Little Things...

Well today, I noticed how much time the little things in our lives take up. It just seemed like it was a day full of little things. Not all good, but not all bad... just very eventful. Had to convince my oldest to wear "dress" slacks to school, had to rig up a brown lunch sack because I forgot to buy some new ones, had to hitch a ride to work, had to drink coffee from the "office" pot while I wait for my coffee shop lady to reopen in her new location, had to pack up old files at work, had to hitch another ride to pick up my van after work, had to stop and get some "real" coffee from the other coffee shop I frequent, had to buy a new vacuum, had to put the vacuum together (however my 4 yr old did most the work), had to fix the home computer and uninstall a whole bunch of junk, and etc... just a big "had to" list on top of the normal routine.

Sometimes it seems like one little "extra" to do is bad enough, but when the entire day is full of unusual and irregular, well it just makes for an incredibly long day. And now, here I sit, 9:22 pm, I should be relaxing. Instead, it's time to do laundry and dishes and wrestling stats... It's exhausting just thinking about it. But, it's times like this when I'm glad I don't have that super type A personality that some of my friends have. Sometimes I am jealous and envy them and their super abilities of organization and upkeep; sometimes I wish I could be more like that and could make myself keep things in their place. But not tonight! Tonight, I can relax and let the dishes sit and the stats wait another day, because we'll all be here tomorrow!! And tomorrow, hopefully, will be a very uneventful day in my life of to do's. Because, I really feel like blogging some wonderfully inspiring piece; however, I'm just to darn tired to do it!

1 comment:

*reyanna* said...

You're inspiring me to take a break from my Type A personality. :D LOL. Thanks for that, Val! :)